Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Apple WWDC 2010 Keynote Video available as a Podcast, too

I went to watch the latest Stevenote tonight from Apple's streaming website - http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/1006ad9g4hjk/event/index.html - and found that, no matter what quality I clicked on, I got a low quality stream (224 lines). Since I bothered to get an HDTV that works with my Mac Mini and I'd read that part of the keynote demonstrated the new iPhones higher-res display, I was pretty disappointed in how it looked. If you look for the "Apple Keynotes" podcast in iTunes, you can find it as a free video download (with 360 lines) along with video from the past Apple Events since the unveiling of the original iPhone in 2007. While 360 lines is not exactly HD and not as high resolution as the "High" stream on their website, it certainly looks better on my big screen than the low res stream. Hopefully, Apple will have their site fixed soon so it won't be an issue. Its still tough to see some of the differences in images and text Steve demonstrates between the old and new displays when the new iPhone display has significantly higher resolution (960 lines in portrait mode) than the video it is shown in.

No comments: